Friday, April 20, 2012

Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan

This is a great read!  The target audience is teens, but I really enjoyed it.  Sam Hopkins is a PK (preachers kid), and is searching for something to make him more popular at school.  He is a good kid, but his search leads him to the wrong kind of friends.  He knows it won't be long before they will require him to do something crazy that will surely get him into lots of trouble.
However, one day he witnesses these "friends" tormenting a classmate named Jennifer.  She is eccentric, but in an interesting way.  She rhymes her words constantly as she talks, and she also has visions and hears voices.  Sam saves her from the bullies, and actually comes to believe that her visions are, in fact, prophecies.  He knows he has to help her and at the same time try to stop these events she forecasts from happening.
This book has a lot of action and was very well written.  It was easy to follow, and the characters came to life in the story.  I loved the humorous element...I actually found myself laughing out loud at some of  Sam's remarks.  Highly recommended.  I will look for other books by this author.  I am now going to get my teens to read this!
This book was given to me as a promotional consideration by the publisher through Booksneeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment