Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mondays With My Old Pastor by Jose Luis Navajo

If you have ever had doubts, if you have ever felt disillusioned with your faith, if you have ever felt just exhausted or are struggling in your faith...this book is definitely for you!  Through anecdotes, stories and fables, we are brought to the foot of the cross.  Writer and Pastor Jose Luis Navajo felt this way.  He was so tired and was actually considering leaving the ministry.  In his discouragement, his wife Mary suggested he visit with his old pastor, who had retired a few months prior. 
As he visits each Monday, he begins to become renewed.  You will as well after reading this book.  There are 15 principles covered that will delight your soul and motivate you to continue the race.  I highly recommed this book! 
The following quote is just one of the many passages that had a huge impact on me.  I am sure I will read this book again and again...
""Love the cross that God brings into your life,"my old pastor told me, "whatever it is. At times the cross takes the shape of a sickness...(sic) incredible lonliness, or economic hardship. Carrying your cross implies paying a price, but I assure you, it's worth it. It won't be long before you discover that cross turning into a ladder that will lift you up...""
You will probably want to have a pencil and highlighter ready as you study the principles.  They are truely a breath of fresh air...
This book was provided as a promotional consideration by the publisher through Booksneeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment